A Project Manager at Bleyl Engineering is a critical leader in fostering a supportive, productive team environment for all our staff while promoting the Bleyl standard in everything we do. We believe engineering with quality and integrity is a way to serve and improve our communities. As a Public Works Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and management of a variety of water, wastewater, stormwater, and paving projects out of our Bryan office. This position is responsible for supervising the design team, interacting with clients, and coordinating with the review agencies to deliver projects on schedule and within budget. At Bleyl, we also value giving back, so our leadership is encouraged to actively serve in professional associations and community organizations. Invest your career in making Texas communities stronger and safer. Apply with Bleyl Today!
- Understand clients’ expectations and verify the scope addresses all requirements.
- Coordinate with review agencies to ensure our design meets local requirements and protects the public while still delivering value to the client.
- Lead a team of engineers, Graduate Engineers, CAD technicians, consultants, and support staff in a team environment.
- Mentor young engineers and Graduate Engineers.
- Balance Workload to coordinate several public projects concurrently, including prioritizing tasks and deadlines.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control feedback.
- Represent the company in business development activities with potential clients and community leaders.
- Ensure the plans, calculations, and specifications are comprehensive and accurate.
- Overcome complex design and project management challenges.
- Licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas with 6-15 years of post-graduate experience with an emphasis on public works.
- Prepare proposals and schedules for multi-phase and multi-discipline projects.
- Excellent organizational skills to provide proactive steps, meet schedules, and address potential issues.
- Thorough knowledge of local requirements and procedures.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete multi-step tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to ensure effective communication with all parties.