A Project Manager at Bleyl Engineering is a critical leader in fostering a supportive, productive team environment for all our staff while promoting the Bleyl standard in everything we do. We believe engineering with quality and integrity is a way to serve and improve our communities. As a Public Works Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and management of water production, treatment, and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, drainage, roadways, transportation, park projects, and more out of our Conroe office. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the project, including supervising the design team, interacting with the client, and coordinating with review agencies to deliver projects on schedule and within budget. Presentations to various Municipal councils will be required. As a public works project manager, you will also join us in fostering a supportive, productive, team environment for all our staff members. You will serve as a resource for various public agencies, municipalities, cities, and counties. Experience a different way of civil engineering. Apply with Bleyl Today!
- Understand clients’ expectations and verify that the scope addresses all the requirements.
- Coordinate with review agencies to ensure our design meets local requirements and protects the public while still delivering value to the client.
- Lead a team of engineers, EITs, CAD technicians, consultants, and support staff in a team environment.
- Mentor young engineers and EITs.
- Balance workload to coordinate several public projects concurrently, including prioritizing tasks and deadlines.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control feedback.
- Represent the company in business development activities with potential clients and community leaders.
- Ensure that plans, calculations, and specifications are comprehensive and accurate.
- Communicate effectively with the design team and associated parties.
- Overcome complex design and project management challenges.
- Ability to present engineering reports to council or board meetings.
- Licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas with 2+ years of professional engineering. experience with an emphasis on public works.
- Prepare proposals and schedules for multi-phase and multi-discipline projects.
- Excellent organizational skills to provide proactive steps, meet schedules, and address potential issues.
- Thorough knowledge of local requirements and procedures.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to complete multi-step tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to ensure effective communication with all parties.
- Excels with Public speaking.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.