Graduate Engineer - Houston
Begin your career at a firm known for quality, integrity, and service. Under the supervision and mentorship of a Registered Professional Engineer, a Graduate Engineer is directly involved in the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of a broad range of civil engineering projects including roadway, traffic, drainage, water, wastewater, and residential and commercial development. Working at Bleyl, you will gain the skillset and necessary experience to become a Licensed Professional Engineer in a supportive, fast-paced, team environment. Invest your career in making Texas communities stronger and safer. Apply with Bleyl today!
- Work closely with supervisor and other civil engineering personnel on multifaceted projects.
- Assist in preparing designs, plans, specifications, estimates, bid documents, and reports.
- Perform data analysis and engineering calculations in support of project design.
- Write technical engineering design reports.
- Conduct field investigations during design and construction as needed.
- Coordinate with sub-consultant professionals in other disciplines for project support.
- Additional duties as required.
- Initial position will include project field supervision working with a Construction Manager. (6 months to 1 year)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering or related field and Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
- Design software skills including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and ArcGIS.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to complete multi-step tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet schedules and handle multiple project deadlines.
- Maintain ownership of work products with a desire to serve others through professional engineering
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions, standing water, mud, concrete placement, obstacles, and various construction materials.
- Ability to climb stairs, ramps, curbs, retaining walls, etc.
- Ability to maneuver around or through obstacles, construction materials, manufactured materials, and equipment.
- Ability to operate instruments, tools, and equipment that are job-related or as directed.
- Ability to conduct thorough plan/drawing reviews, proofread, and work with figures.
- Ability to carry the required materials and tools to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to drive a personal vehicle to and from inspection sites.