Civil Construction Project Representative
Performs quality assurance inspections on a variety of civil engineering and public works projects administered by the firm, ensuring the projects comply with design plans and specifications and review authority requirements.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience with water, wastewater, drainage and roadway projects.
- Familiar with local County, City and TCEQ requirements
- Must be physically able to visit construction project site and climb structures.
- Certifications not required but considered beneficial to the position.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License by hire date.
- Ability to manage a construction project on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Perform daily inspections of all materials and workmanship and communicate deficiencies with the Contractor and Construction Manager.
- Prepare daily reports completely and accurately using Ipad and reporting software, documenting all work performed before leaving the site.
- Must know how to read a critical path schedule.
- Attend various construction meetings in order to fully understand each project scope.
- Manage and answer resident’s inquiries and issues.
- Communicate and follow‐up, with oral and/or written reports, regarding the progress of the project to the project engineer, project manager and/or Construction Manager
- Identify and present possible solutions to potential project related complications to the project engineer, project manager and/or Construction Manager
- Ability to read all specifications, plans, shop drawings, and submittals
- Understands, and is completely familiar with, the plans and specifications
- Must have an understanding of survey benchmarks, elevations, and construction staking.
- Must know how to scale and measure distances and have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must have proficiency with the handling, management, creation and modification of PDF documents.
- Must be able to review pay estimate quantities and negotiate with site foreman.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.