CAD Technician I
Expand your AutoCAD skills at an engineering firm known for quality and integrity. Bleyl Engineering is seeking a motivated entry-level CAD Technician in Conroe, Texas. The selected individual will be responsible for drafting duties for various types of public and private civil engineering projects in a productive, team environment. Willingness to learn and the desire to grow are a must.
- Work under the supervision of an engineer, project manager, and/or CAD manager in preparation of construction plans and related exhibits.
- Use Autodesk Civil 3D to perform accurate redline drafting and annotation for plans.
- Master basic AutoCAD skills.
- Develop a working understanding of alignments, profiles, surfaces and pipe networks, and other aspects of Civil 3D.
- Learn and follow general industry and company-specific CAD standards for drawing setup, scaling, labeling, dimensioning, and plotting.
- Become familiar with design requirements and approval processes for local jurisdictions and state agencies.
- Perform basic calculations for slope, area, volume, etc.
- 0-3 years of CAD experience in municipal and site/land development projects.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD with Civil 3D experience is preferred.
- Experience working with engineers or civil related construction is preferred.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Close attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to complete multi-step tasks.
- Ability to meet all project deadlines with quality and accuracy.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
40 hours/week – Full benefits – Supportive work environment