Construction Project Representative
The firm is actively searching for a qualified Construction Project Representative. This person will be responsible for working with project managers, governmental agencies/owners and contractors to ensure municipal type construction projects are built according to the approved plans and specifications, as well as the governing jurisdiction’s standards.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Inspecting all aspects of municipal, utility, and road projects.
- Documenting the work performed by the contractor through Daily Field Reports.
- Verifying quantities of work completed by contractor.
- Reviewing change order requests.
- Verifying materials delivered to the jobsite match the approved submittals.
- Coordinating with project managers on contractor’s work schedule to identify potential unforeseen conflicts.
- Maintaining accurate as-built record drawings for the project.
- Advising the project manager of the work of progress and field issues as they arise.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Confidently communicating and responding to feedback.
- Maintaining a high degree of accuracy in all of his/her work and documentation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills leading to timely documentation and
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read scaled construction plans.
- Dependability and thoroughness.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to climb structures and visit jobsites under any conditions.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Minimum High School Graduate
- 4-6 Year Experience in the municipal industry
- Additional Training/Certifications Preferred